Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New to Astronomy from Cornwall

madala

Hi all,

I'm new to astronomy but have had an interest for some time.  Dusted off a few books, got a nice second-hand pair of binoculars and have been out and about trying to pick up the stars and planets.  Have had a bit of luck and some clear skies in "Sunny" Cornwall, UK, but thought that I'd get myself a telescope and try to get a better look.  Got the new scope but not the weather to use it.

Have been reading some of the forums and topics and this is a great site with amazing info and friendly advice, thanks.

Looking forward to joining in with some of the discussions when I learn a bit more.

Cheers

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ronin,

Got myself a Skywatcher Explorer 130P which had a couple of lenses with it.  Just purchased a Barlow x 2 to increase things a bit but haven't used that yet.  I'm in North Cornwall, Bodmin, which means that I've been up on the moor a couple of times that have given some very clear skies within a few miles of home.  Would be good to catch up with like minded souls in the area.

Cheers

Heya from Norway and welcome from another new member.

The only thing I know of Cornwall is ehh  Manderley and Jamaica Inn...

anyways welcome and good luck with your new telescope.

Rune

Madala,

Welcome to Star Gazer Lounge, you live in a very nice part of the world, I lived there for a short while in Newquay. Hope you enjoy the forum and make the most of it, it really is rather good especially when its cloudy.

Alan. 

Archived