Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hi to one and all

Andy 5312

I have been getting into all things astro for prob around 12 months or so now since my wife got me a jessops scope for crimbo which really opened my eyes and mind to the wonders above. Still much to learn tho can star hop and have knowledge of the constellations and do enjoy observing the moon. Jupiter. Mars. Venus and Saturn......amazing. Blew me away....I recently purchased a Skywatcher 130 eq2 900mm focal length as an upgrade from the jessops 4mm diameter scope which served its purpose and got me started in the hobby. Was the skywatcer a good step up? Only managed one quick view of mars because of the bad weather with the sky watcher but mars appeared white in colour . It was defo Mars i viewed . Why was this so . Many thanks for any replies in advance....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Andy welcome to the lounge,

Mars is not an easy target to observe, the seeing has to be good to get

any detail, did you allow your scope enough time to cool to the outside

temperature, also your eyepieces need to be the same, the cool down

can take over half an hour or more, but if the conditions were not good

then that would probably be the answer, but always allow time for your

scope to reach ambient  temperature before you start observing.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's 

Hi Andy and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us, there's even one or two folks who know what they are talking about, so I'm sure they'll be able to help. Not me I'm afraid, I don't look through my scopes!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived