Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher 250p problem

Hello all,

I returned home after two years and finally got to unpack my skywatcher 250px.

I was looking forwards to a night of observing when I noticed something peculiar. I am now seeing double images, particularly in the centre of the fields. The same planet/star at the periphery seems fine. Larger objects like the moon focus ok and appear  as a single image. It is only points of light that are a problem.

I am living in a hot clime, so I leave the scope out in the open with the top off for half an hour before I start. I've also (roughly) checked the collimation. But, the problem is persisting. Of course, the higher the eyepiece power, the worse it becomes.

Interestingly, one of the images is sharp and well focussed. However, the second fuzzy image overlaps part of it and spoils the view.

Any ideas?

Thans in advance

Sounds like observing through double glazing? You are outside aren't you?

:laugh: outside in all of 35 degrees celsius!

Thanks for the thoughts. I guess I'll look closely at the scope in daytime and get back to you

Hope you get it sorted out, I had a new scope panic myself recently. I would start with making sure your scope is well collumated, you can rule everything else out for, there on in,

:laugh: outside in all of 35 degrees celsius!

Thanks for the thoughts. I guess I'll look closely at the scope in daytime and get back to you

35C in T.O. in the middle of May  :eek: . I was there in '86 after the worlds fair in Vancouver and it was nothing like that...I'M COMING OVER :D.

Archived