SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LRGB info for a newbie ???

Over the next few weeks I am (hopefully) acquiring an Atik 314l, a USB filter wheel and a set of LRGB filters ready for when we get darkness again.

This is the first time I will have used a mono camera.

Any places, links, books etc worth looking at for help, advice, guidance on this part of the dark art ??? I need advice on the actual imaging but especially what to do with the data once I have got it!!

Thanks in advance.

If you don't have it already - get Making Every Photon Count by Steve Richards. I'm 2/3rds through reading it right now and it really does cover everything you need to know to have half a chance of a good start at imaging with ccd/dslr (mono and osc). I'm currently on the image processing section and It's obvious I'm gonna have to read it again probably two or three times lol. Highly recommended. :)

If you don't have it already - get Making Every Photon Count by Steve Richards. I'm 2/3rds through reading it right now and it really does cover everything you need to know to have half a chance of a good start at imaging with ccd/dslr (mono and osc). I'm currently on the image processing section and It's obvious I'm gonna have to read it again probably two or three times lol. Highly recommended. :)

especially the image processing section!

Archived