Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M101 - my first try

mareprah

Here's a quick M101 from sunday... Had problems with flats, so they are "borrowed" from another night.

18 x 5min
26 x dark
10 x flat
41 x offset
ISO 800
Quattro 10" CF mounted on NEQ6 SS Pro (goto)
Canon 1000D (unmoded)

post-27813-0-89348100-1399393602_thumb.j

I would say that it's definitely better to use borrowed flats than no flats at all....

I definately agree with you! I had some trouble at the center of the image, but managed to make it as clean as posible in PS.

Yes, it's very nice, but aren't you cheating just a little using dark Slovenian skies :D.

an hr and a half with an unmodded canon...well that's just not fair

Yes, it's very nice, but aren't you cheating just a little using dark Slovenian skies :D.

an hr and a half with an unmodded canon...well that's just not fair

I always try to get somewhere around 5hrs per object, but like always, I ran out of time:) And about the sky, yes, I admit I am cheating a bit :p SQM here was 21.36 when it was a bit cloudy, so I'm glad about that:)

Nice one!

Guiding that 10inch beast for 5min per sub, must be great fun!

It actually is, when everything goes as planed, but when not, it can be frustrating :( I threw away 3 subs at this object, which is not so much, sometimes my whole night goes to hell...not because of the 10" or its 1000mm fl, but because of an old computer and its USB ports :(

Archived