Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Altair Astro 80ED 480 fl Triplet

I have just purchased Altair Astro ED80 Triplet second hand , together with the 1X dedicated flattener.
The Altair Astro site states the flattener to CCD chip as 54.7mm. I set my imaging train to this value and din't get a flat field. CCD inspector gives 28.5% curvature.
It's frustrating as I lost a an excellent sky on Fri.
Can anyone anyone who has this scope please pass on a little of their knowledge with this excellent scope.

cheers

Steve

I think it is the same scope and flattener as my APM 80 F/6 with TS flattener. In this case the distance varies according to the focal length (makes sense). For 480 mm it should be 123mm (I have also heard values of 55mm to the T2 flange for DSLR use, might boil down to the same, and be the source of the confusion). Details here:

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p1010_TS-Flattener-fuer-Refraktoren-universelle-Bildfeldebnung-von-f-5-bis-f-8.html

Hope you get things sorted, and very interested to hear how you get on with this scope as it is currently top of my wish list for an AP use scope purchase this summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here Steve, it looks like an attractive scope on paper and I'd be keen to know how it performs for real.  Hope you enjoy your new scope and it turns out to be a good one :smile:.

• 3 months later...

Archived