Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Opticron HR WP Advanced Porroprism

Hi does anyone have any experience using the Opticron HR WP Advanced Porroprism binoculars?

I've heard that porroprisms can often out perform roof prisms in the same type of price range.

These binocs seem to have the odd very positive general review but I wondered if anyone had any experience using them for stars gazing.

Many thanks

I would agree with you regarding the positive reviews. The lack of reviews is likely due to the competition there price bracket fits into. Multiple good examples at the same price, william optics ba8, pentax wp, opticron imagics to name a few. The difference between each is going to be almost negligible. This is where try before you buy becomes very handy, of there's a local store or group close by that could offer. Nothing worse than buyers remorse, at least if you have tried the competition you can make an informed decision.

Good luck.

Archived