Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New to AP and SGL

Brand new to the sport of AP.  Been lurking here and there and everywhere and learning and buying the last few months.  My rig is as follows, Atlas EQ-G, AstroTech AT6IN, dual saddled ADM, ST80, unmodded 450D, SSAG, IDAS LPS-P2, ATComaCorrector.  Some of the ancillary bits are used, the mount and imaging OTA are new.  I live on the edge of Charlotte, NC and got a decent strip of sky to image from. True dark sky is a short drive to the Mountains. I got the OTA a few weeks ago and have had two opportunities to image. Sombrero and Crab Neb.  Ok results for first images I guess.  

I am using BYEOS, DSS and I took advantage of the PhotoShop deal back in Feb, paying 10$/mo for that.   I had a mechanical issue with the EQ-G, slop in DEC.  AstroBaby's site made a quick fix of that, 1/4 turns on the worm gear screws and slop gone. Made my own DEW heater controller, and heater bands, plus a nice Bahtinov mask which worked well. Last  December I knew not of these things.  I am obsessed.  Just saying Hi.  

Jeff

Welcome to SGL Jeff - You're definitely in the right place!!! If you can, see if you can get hold of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' available in the book section of the FLO website, or direct from Steve (Steppenwolf on this forum) - It is something of an imagers bible and will really help you understand who things all work and why. Well worth getting hold of.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Welcome to the site!

I've only been on just over a week and have already learnt so much - including how supportive everyone is (thanks folks) - the forums contain such a wealth of invaluable advice. Stopped me feeling so stupid asking obvious questions

Pete

Archived