SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Venturing out tonight ?

knobby

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a little snap from last nights venture to the Roding site ...

post-21341-0-76179500-1402074129_thumb.p

Nikon D7100, 12-24 mm @12mm F4 30 seconds iso 1600 ( levels-contrast-colour balanced in photoshop)

Blazar, Dan_uk and myself popped over last night at short notice, its not bad, a bit orange to the south low down but nice straight up.

And its still summer with a half Moon so looks promising.

just be aware that if any one goes there please don't litter or make a nuisance as the landowner has our contact details  :grin:

And one more ...

My ASI 120 mc on Blazars C8 edge / AVX ...

we had a bit of an imaging heads together  :grin:

post-21341-0-09418600-1402081695.png

About 1500 frames best 50 %, pipped then Autostakkert and registax 5 for wavelets, cs5 for crop and a wee unsharp mask

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a little snap from last nights venture to the Roding site ...

attachicon.gifMilky North EastDSC_1459.png

Nikon D7100, 12-24 mm @12mm F4 30 seconds iso 1600 ( levels-contrast-colour balanced in photoshop)

Blazar, Dan_uk and myself popped over last night at short notice, its not bad, a bit orange to the south low down but nice straight up.

And its still summer with a half Moon so looks promising.

just be aware that if any one goes there please don't litter or make a nuisance as the landowner has our contact details  :grin:

blimey that site is amazing. How did the sky look with the naked eye?

Welcome back Nep1 ... Bearing in mind it's summer and it was virtually a full moon , it looks very promising .

We stayed til the moon went down at about 1 ish which was when I took the photo.

Won't really know how good it is until winter.

Hi Gary,

I went to Daniel's and met him and then traveled to MR..though they had closed the main road to the site for re-surfacing. Daniel and I then went 'off-road' to get over to the patch of heaven, and set up to see what was on show. Daniel had kindly brought power for both of us, so I used that. I was up and running first (though I did have less gear :-)) I took some pictures which I will post up. No moon, really clear though still had that glow from London and Chelmsford.

Really went to see how dark it would get, and we were not disappointed. I was messing around with my usual camera, and  really was just wandering around ;-). Daniel was doing the imaging, and so we sorted out ASPA, etc on his set-up, and he went on to image the whirlpool and sunflower galaxies (and I am sure he will post some ics soon). I think it will be a real winner in the winter months.

though we had a bit of a shock when we broke the equipment down and left the site about 1:30...they had closed the entire road off so we could not get back to where we had emerged...so we went off road again driving down odd lanes as the clock edged towards 2am...then we hit the A414, and then I only had to get back to where I knew...so only 50 minutes away....in the end I managed to get back and into bed by 2:£0...I did tank it on the way home! a very eventful evening! and then off to London for early meetings today...now sitting at home with a beer, watching England loose. great.....

Here are the images from last week's trip to MR with Blazar, they are from my Mallincam X2 and are completely unprocessed and are just a live capture of what we saw on the screen at the time. The exposures ranged from 25-30 seconds and are un-stacked and I didn't do any dark frame subtraction so there is some amp glow and hot pixels.

Think I have some work to do on my PA and i'm sure guiding would help next time as well.

M51 & M63

post-31235-0-28827400-1403529032_thumb.p

post-31235-0-09340100-1403529035_thumb.p

post-31235-0-39296600-1403529037.png

post-31235-0-28984300-1403529038.png

Even if we could start observing by 20:00, that would be great!

I would still like to head out again soon though, maybe a Friday or Saturday this time if anyone is up for it, weather not looking good this week/weekend though.

Archived