sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

M 31 Andromeda Galaxy, 41 hours and 27megapixel mosaic

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!I finally managed to decide I'm done processing my insane photoproject of digging deep inside M31.Long story short: One picture of M31, 27megapixel 2x2 mosaic, +3 months of imaging in crappy w

I want to extend my most humble and sincere thanks to all of you who enjoyed and commented my image!!! It's been a long journey and I'm very happy to be able to share this epic "space-voyage to androm

Jonas is like Jonas because he isn't grown up!  Grown ups never do things because they are too busy explaining why they can't be done... Olly

Posted Images

Must have missed this too. Phenomenal image Grinde. The colour is excellent, and I'm most impressed with the very smooth background. What NR did you use if any if you don't mind me asking. 

Tom.

• 1 month later...

If there were an Oscar's on this forum you'd be walking up to the podium now with all of us in the audience, caught as the camera briefly falls on us, clapping and faking that smile that says we're not jealous at all ....LOLOL

Best Processing

Best Post

Best Supporting Post...information

:-)

David

Can't believe I've missed this thread. Quite possibly the finest image taken from the ground I've seen, and rivals many that the hubble managed.

Have spent a good half hour studying it instead of working and will be looking at it again later!

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Stunning image. Worth the effort. You can just keep zooming and zooming in and reveal stacks of detail. This gives the Hubble a run for its money. Certainly something for the rest of us to aspire to. Thanks for sharing such a great project.

Jonas,

fantastisk Andromeda! Din kamp mot vädrets makter i höst har satt svenska amatörastronomer på kartan!

Bästa hälsningar

Göran

(English version: Jonas, Fantastic Andromeda, your fight against the fury of nature this fall has put Swedish amateur astronomers om the map)

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Adaaam75
      Just a quickie,
      I took a shed load of images last night of the moon using my DSLR on my scope with the intention to stitch using Microsoft ICE but its been pulled!
      Any free software suggestions for image stitching (not stacking)?
    • By astrobena
      Hey everyone,
      I was out recently in what felt like the first clear sky in years and got ~109 min of data on M31, minus 76 frames due to a 12mph wind, which left me with 69 min of data (each shot is 45 sec with ISO 200 tracked with skywatcher star adventurer). As mentioned in the title I captured all these images in a bortal 8 location, used an unmodified canon eos 400d and the skywatcher 75ed as the scope (with a flattener). I've attached my edit (warning: it is not great at all + slightly overedited to see what details are even there), and to be my surprise it looked very similar to an image of M31 with only 20 min of data which i captured a month earlier (both of which i used DSS and photoshop for). Now this may well have something to do with the way i edited it in photoshop or a different setting in DSS or just the fact that 49 more data doesnt make much of a difference considering im in a bortal 8 location, maybe you guys could help on that. I've attached the link to the original files (in the folder called 18.2.2021) as well as the stacked image from DSS (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12NT4TmLCXvTfOXNPE_l8UWPRpgO2VjLe?usp=sharing). I didnt capture any flat images but have dark and bias frames, all in their correpsonding folders in the attached link. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could see if there is more data in this then i have managed to 'extract' using photoshop. (If you use different software and try and edit these files please tell me what you used) If there isn't then maybe do you guys have any images of M31 (or similar) from very light polluted skies that you could share here? (If so i would if you could share the full exposure time and gear that would be great)

Many Thanks!

• By AstroM1
      Andromeda Galaxy Group
      Nikon D5100 -- Nikkor 70-300 at 200mm
      60x30 sec + DOF
      Star Adventurer
    • By EMG
      Recently I bought a ZWO ASI178MM for planetary/lunar/deep-sky imaging and last weekend i had clear skies so I was able to capture videos of the moon in two panels. I have already processed the videos in AutoStakkert, I used 3x drizzle because I intend to print the image so now I have two 120MB TIFF images that i would like to combine in a two panel mosaic. I tried doing it in Hugin, a free panorama stitcher but the program crashes due to the file sizes being too large. I have searched for tutorials on using DynamicAlignment in PixInsight but it seems to me that i'll need a reference image to be able to create mosaics in PixInsight. Is there any way to go about this, I feel like this should be a pretty straightforward job but I am not very experienced in PI so I would really appreciate some advice.

I tried using DynamicAlignment as you can see in the attached screenshot but the result was just a cut version of the target image, aligned perfectly to the source image. It would be perfect if it didn't cut off the lower part of the target image.

• By F137CHA
      M31 25 x 5mins Williams optics megrez 72 Cannon Eos 40d

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.