Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep21_banner.thumb.jpg.d744e66b98367f1c5d57b7966c303f1b.jpg

Grinde

M 31 Andromeda Galaxy, 41 hours and 27megapixel mosaic

Simply the most jaw droppingly stunning image I've ever seen - of any subject! Congratulations...

I am speechless. Without a question we blew our money on Hubble if we can do this from earth...

My hat is off. Bravo!!!

Must have missed this too. Phenomenal image Grinde. The colour is excellent, and I'm most impressed with the very smooth background. What NR did you use if any if you don't mind me asking. 

Tom.

8c3298442ed19107739edf055bcb14f2.jpg

Loved looking at this image.

Found this lovely edge on spiral galaxy in the bottom right hand corner of your image. It's the tiny slither in the centre of this crop.

Mark

Nice spot!

• Like 1

Amazing work, well worth the effort you've put into it. I am truly inspired!

Wow. Can't believe I've not seen this before. Incredible - well done and thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If there were an Oscar's on this forum you'd be walking up to the podium now with all of us in the audience, caught as the camera briefly falls on us, clapping and faking that smile that says we're not jealous at all ....LOLOL

Best Processing

Best Post

Best Supporting Post...information

:-)

David

Can't believe I've missed this thread. Quite possibly the finest image taken from the ground I've seen, and rivals many that the hubble managed.

Have spent a good half hour studying it instead of working and will be looking at it again later!

Just a stunning image, I'm not sure what I would get with a C9.25 and full frame DSLR on this. Going to try though.

Sorry about digging up this old thread but its freaking awesome!!! I keep coming back to it as a benchmark for any image of M31.

Stunning image. Worth the effort. You can just keep zooming and zooming in and reveal stacks of detail. This gives the Hubble a run for its money. Certainly something for the rest of us to aspire to. Thanks for sharing such a great project.

Errrr. Wow.

This one has actually taken my breath away!

Paul

Jonas,

fantastisk Andromeda! Din kamp mot vädrets makter i höst har satt svenska amatörastronomer på kartan!

Bästa hälsningar

Göran

(English version: Jonas, Fantastic Andromeda, your fight against the fury of nature this fall has put Swedish amateur astronomers om the map)

• Like 1

Wowzer! Thanks for sharing these. I was excited to see it as a smudge through 10x50 bins but these views are amazing. I will be studying in detail to boost my enjoyment when I hopefully see it next through my new scope as a bigger smudge.

One hell of an image and a monsterous task... WELL DONE.... This is the best M31 image I have ever seen.... that includes the pros...

• Like 1

Wow simply wow - thanks for you time and effort doing this so we can all get lost in this image

Absolutley a totally stunning image..beyond words..other than all you hard work is very well appreciated..thanks for sharing

I'm sorry to jump on the Necro wagon here.. But holy s**t!!

This is really something.. My hat is off to you! Even my non astro wife was very impressed with this, so that is saying a lot..!