SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M 31 Andromeda Galaxy, 41 hours and 27megapixel mosaic

Grinde

Just spent another 30 minutes looking through this image and I kept seeing things I didn't see a few days ago when I first saw it. Really is rather special. :)

Cheers

Ian

The image is cursed, I keep looking at it as well :D

I just received a list of both old recent novas within M31 that I'll try to add to the annotation when I get the time...

That's a great question, where do I go from here? To Procence, actually.  :D

My rig will be transported down to the new remote observatory this summer where it will share roof with 3 remote rigs. My horrible Swedish seeing is holding me back too much since I want to fully unleash my rigs potential under perfect skies. Everyone who've visited Olly Penrice's location knows what I'm talking about, there's no coincidence so much astronomy goes on in that region.

So with significantly darker skies and probably 4 times as many clear nights as my part of Sweden, I will probably start doing real big & crazy(stupid) projects since I have a hard time saying no to challanges. & I belive Mr.Penrice once dared me to make a full mosaic of the entire cygnus-loop at this resolution, so yeah, I'm just getting started    :evil:

So Olly will need a new dedicated internet connection for the mass of image data being moved!!

The image really shows what is possible..

Edited by NickK
  • Like 1

So Olly will need a new dedicated internet connection for the mass of image data being moved!!

The image really shows what is possible..

There will be futuristic stuff regulating the observatory-bandwidth so we won't strangle the data-pipeline too much! And since the rigs are fully automated, no user-inputs will be required during imaging, just submitting the imaging-requests which can be done anytime through any web-browser device such as smartphones, tablets & so on.

I'm very curious what can be done from Les Granges top-quality skies, since this image was shot under quite crappy conditions compared to Olly's! :)

Great image, well done

What I find fascinating are the red nebula, eg C275, just imagine what it would look like if we were resident locally in Andromeda!

Well we will be in a few billion years when we collide.... :eek:

Absolutely amazing, I'm looking forward to viewing this on my computer later. When intergalactic travel is mastered they'll be using your picture as a map! Well done, your dedication is inspirational

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Insanity rocks. When I grow up, I wanna be like Jonas.

Jonas is like Jonas because he isn't grown up!  :grin: Grown ups never do things because they are too busy explaining why they can't be done...

Olly

• Like 8