Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to colourise a mono solar image?

Hi all, just taking my first steps with my PST and it's not amazing but I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt. PST, QHY5l-ii + Coronado 2x barlow. What I'd like to know, and I'm sure this is schoolboy, is how to make my mono image the orange red, and for my CaK the violet blue, that I see in everyone else's images?

I have played briefly with the saturation, hue and other controls in registax, but it didn't look like it was going in the right direction.

All help gratefully recieved. post-9055-0-91896200-1398639268_thumb.jppost-9055-0-51557800-1398639518_thumb.jp

i use a older no longer sold image software called paint shop pro (formerly Jasc then bought out by adobe and abandoned) i worked using its adjust option and came out with the following images from your original

sunedit.jpg

Thanks for all the help, I do love a tutorial too. I kind of thought there would be an exact value of colour to add to the image (or something), since we know the precise wavelength of the light collected. But, nice to know it should be straight forward to do.

I don't currently have either PS CS or PSP. I keep getting emails from Corel though and had seen the price, pretty tempting. I think I'll have to buy it now, can't afford PSCS and I tried Gimp too and found the 8bit limit an issue.

I assume it'll be easy to invert the image with PSPx6?

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have found an interesting transformation tool in a mathematics package called Mathematica (a phenomenal piece of software if you are so inclined) one can transform the colour balance of any image to a target format with one line. I have posted the technique in the imaging techniques sub forum if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived