SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M51 - now with calibration frames

earth titan

Hi Tom,

That is a lovely capture but it is too blue. If you have a look at the histogram it shows that channels are not aligned. I have done a quick alignment in PS and also corrected the red in the galaxy a little. I am sure that you can do a much better job than me taking your time, hope you don't mind this.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-51339600-1398640476_thumb.j

As a compulsive fiddler (ooeeerrrr....) I couldn't leave well alone.

I wasn't happy with the image so went back to processing basics and got the following, which is much more to my liking.

The colours are more natural and detail sharper, although I have some odd fringes around some of the stars if you zoom in.

Any more hints, would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

post-6511-0-00719000-1398980822_thumb.pn

Apologies in advance for taking the liberty of messing with your image, but I think there's more detail in there that can be brought out. This is just a quick stab at a screen grab, given access to the full data I'm sure a better job could be done...

Image1_zpsa67006da.jpg

ChrisH

Apologies in advance for taking the liberty of messing with your image, but I think there's more detail in there that can be brought out. This is just a quick stab at a screen grab, given access to the full data I'm sure a better job could be done...

Image1_zpsa67006da.jpg

ChrisH

No need to apologise. Thanks for the input.

I have achieved similar levels of detail but started to think the image was too 'over processed' for my taste. Not sure which I prefer though.

Archived