SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Help needed re Altair Astro Skyshed Pier

Philip Benson

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've just finished my pier with an AltairAstro adapter plate for an EQ5

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/211161-mowbss-observatory-build/

Is that the one you are talking about with the 6 bolts? I believe they do another with 4 bolts.

I have a vernier calliper so I can give you an accurate measurement tomorrow, do you need the measurement between two opposing of the 6 holes?

I presume you are preparing the pier before you have the adapter, I drilled through my adapter plate and put my bolts through to make my template.

I'd be interested to know how you are planning to attach the adapter to your pier?

I've only had the opportunity to use mine once (briefly) since it was built but it made a big difference to the ease of setting up, hopefully I'll get my observatory built over the summer and that will make a huge difference for short observing sessions.

Just re-read your post and realised it's not the adapter plate you are talking about, does the pier have the adapter plate on the top? If so and it's the 6 hole one let me know and I can give you the measurement.

The more I read the more I'm thinking it's the the measurement of the holes for the base you're looking for, I really should read these posts better before I post because I can't find an edit button on my ipad. Anyway if you need any dimensions of the adapter plate let me know.

Good luck!

Archived