Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A WOW and a Thank You

Maybe I am easily pleased but finally got to look skyward with some bins tonight.  Not for long and only in the backyard but definitely my first wow moment!  There are A LOT of stars up there aren't there?!  Unbelievable what I could see with just a quick sweep.  I cannot wait to have a more serious look around the heavens,

Secondly just would like to say I am very impressed with this forum.  I have been reading through numerous posts (particularly those on telescope advice) and the level of knowledge and clarity of advice offered is top draw.  It is rare to find a forum, particularly one related to some form of optical technology, where beginner questions do not descend into mass debates between more experienced forum members about who is right and who is wrong.

I hope in time to be able to contribute to such a wealth of knowledge.

Hi danny, glad your enjoying yourself, yes, there are a lot of stars, on the conservative side it is estimated by scientists that there are more stars visible to earths instruments than there are grains of sand on all the beaches and desserts. On the other side of conservative 5 - 10 times....mind boggling :)

Don't quote me on that though, once my fingers ran out I had to give up the count :)

Hi

Wait until you go somewhere with very little or no light pollution, that will totally amaze you, hope you keep on enjoying,

I have just been looking at Jupiter and what I assume are it's moons, 4 smaller bright objects 2 either side (diagonally), brilliant :smiley:

Thanks all

I am using a some Nikon Aculon 10x50's at the moment.  I have a pair of 12x50's as well but they're going back - don't like them nearly as much as the 10's.  Will get out and do some proper spotting soon.

Going to spend a few months working out what is what and then start considering either some larger bins (very convenient to set up in my garden and easy to lug around with all the stuff inherent to carting a toddler around also) or a 'scope.

At some point AP is on the cards also but having read around a through topics on here it is rather more complex than my naive thought that you just strapped a camera to a 'scope!

Archived