SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi folks,

Here's my 2nd attempt at the red one, the 24th looked to be a great evening at the start but high cloud moved in and caused quite poor seeing, this was also my first try of my new Astronomik IR pro 742 filter which really makes a difference.

The IR channel is layered at 36% opacity but it really does bring out detail especially in slightly poor visibility.

Thanks for looking

Taken With SW200p, HEQ5, ASI120MM

IR-RGB filter wheel

stacked in AS2, Wavlet adjustment in Registax and finished if Photoshop.

post-12650-0-35047600-1398511987_thumb.j

Looking very good to me - I've struggled to get more detail out of my ir742 on Mars, red generally yields finer detail - ir seems loose the detail in the less reflective areas. This could well be a problem with my capture settings! This result though is very good and a nice blend of the ir lum data.

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

well done, some very nice surface detail there. any chance of seeing the channel taken with the IR pro 742 filter?

Hi, no problem, I'll send them over this evening when I get back. I'm going to try replacing the red channel with the IR and using the Red as a luminocity layer.

Hi, no problem, I'll send them over this evening when I get back. I'm going to try replacing the red channel with the IR and using the Red as a luminocity layer.

nice one look forward to seeing it, i have considered one of these filters a couple times. always nice to have as many weapons at your disposal as possible!

Archived