Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Suffolk

PGA-64

Afternoon everyone,

Pete here, over on the east coast. Been a busy day for me - New 'scope arrived, BAA membership arrived and I finally joined Stargazers Lounge.

Currently I'm sat looking at a lot of cardboard boxes (thanks to the first-class service and advice from Steve at FLO) containing a 10" Quattro plus NEQ6 mount. Funny how easy it is to under-estimate the size when you're looking at a picture ! :) ... I can only say it's a MONSTER :))) Needless to say it is very cloudy...

I'm undergoing something of a re-birth in my interest since moving to a 'dark sky' base (as compared to Manchester and London!) 4 years ago. I started back in mid-80's but never achieved the imaging etc I wanted to do (that was in Manchester). Over the last 4 years since moving here I've slowly got back into it all. Equipment wise I've gone from 4" Skywatcher to a 6" and now to the 10". Recently I've started getting into imaging more and more. I've adapted a Microsoft Life Cam Studio but not had chance to try it... is it any good? other than that I'll be using a Nikon D5000 DSLR.

Well I guess that will do for an intro... think I should start unpacking boxes although it looks scary!

Here goes....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Pete, welcome to SGL and the crazy world of astro imaging!! Sounds like you have some great kit there! If you are interested in DSO imaging, can I recommend the book 'Making Every Photon Count' available in the book section of the FLO website. A most excellent read and something of a DSO imagers bible.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I've never had anything bigger than a 6" 'scope before so feeling slightly daunted by the new one. Glad I've joined here - at least I know there is help out there - I'm sure I'll need it!.

First question how do I upload photos to share?

Pete

I've just managed to upload my first attempts at photography - details lacking but all over the last 3 years - a combination of either Nikon D500 200mm lens piggy-back / Skywatcher Explorer 130mm  or 114mm. Solar pics through mylar

Archived