Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway Star Camp 2014

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill be there next thursday afternoon with a bag full of clear skies if anyone wants one.

Im sorting out my dew control this week by adding finder and raci tapes so i should be good to go by next weeek.

Cheers

I'll take 4 please.....

I am chomping at the bit to get going now, Hyperstar is collimated, i have fixed my mount everything i needed to get done bar a few small tasks are done and tested. Ive a new ASI120mc i want to have a play with & quite frankly i just want a week off.

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas now

Hi Ian,

There is a little shop in Kirkinner, at least there was 2 years ago.

I went to go in at 15:30 pm, when the woman shut the door in my face.....

I shop in Wigton now. There are a few cafes in Wigton but never had breakfast there.

We got fish n chips there about 3 years back.

There is Aldi, Lidl and Morrisons in Dumfries.

Plus there are a meat mobile butcher and mobile fish woman who visit the site on Tuesdays. The quality is very good.

For petrol or diesel, For those coming from the South, there is a garage in Gretna opposite the Gretna Village shopping area. Friendly.

There is another garage on the A75 just before Dumfries. Plus Morrisons in Dumfries. All three are reasonably priced with the Gretna one usually the cheapest. I normally have a 5 minute chat with the lady there, she is a good laugh!

I hope to travel up this coming Friday, arriving between 18:00 and 21:30.

All the best,

Adrian

Ill be there next thursday afternoon with a bag full of clear skies if anyone wants one..

.....yep, I'll take 3 please !

I'm hoping my scope cover is only used to stop the nosey neighbours staring and not for stopping any unwanted raindrops ?

Neil

Hello All ,arrived on site to high winds and rain,by 7.45 clear yes CLEAR skies,just got dslr on and have got some images, Derek who was having an early night has just arrived with a wee dram ,nuff said, campsite in tip top condition,

Will post tomorrow,

Regards

Mike

Food shopping was done today and then i came home and have broken the scope and the rest of my kit down, everything bar the scope is in the van and ready to go tomorrow night.

Just have to get work out of the way, couple of hours kip and then hit the road....cant wait!

Time to seperation.... 25:30hrs & counting

Hi Alan,no road works after Gretna, campsite is in really good condition,they have had heavy rain in the past week but apart from the odd puddle in the fields the area has dried up quickly,have a good journey.

Skies still clear but the wind has picked up,oddly warm.

Well off outside again,just with binos,settting alarm for 4.00am to see whats up!!! :grin:  :grin:

Regards

Mike

Hi,

There is very limited Wifi on the site, mainly near Reception, unless Lesley has installed a stronger signal since my last visit.

People who go there on holiday are more often trying to escape modern life........

So download any software you need before leaving home.

Have a safe trip.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi All,good day today,good clear skies until we started to get the serious gear setup and it`s started raining,although we did see some early stars,just had tea and will make up my mind as to leave the gear up,just in case it clears,a local farmer reckons it going to be a cold clear night with the chance of frost!!!!!! :eek:

We had a serious traffic incident this morning on the road from Newton Stewart to Kirkkinner,resulting in the road being closed for five hrs,please t,ake care on this stretch of road ,it is a very twisty in parts after long straights ,this is what catches people out,so please take your time. :grin:

Will check sgl regularly in case anyone needs anything answering.

Regards

Mike

Archived