SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galloway Star Camp 2014

Damian

Thanks, this was taken Tuesday into Wednesday morning just at start of the event.

Most of these old lenses with straight diaphragm blades produce the diffraction spikes themselves just by closing the aperture a little which is why I like the older glass, modern lenses have mostly rounded blades to cut this effect down... so no not software produced, these are real.

With the naked eye we see diffraction spikes... usually multiple diffraction spikes of 12 points a least, so I prefer to see the diffraction spikes in wide fields for a more realistic representation of naked eye viewing.... maybe why we call them stars and not dots. :smiley:

Mike

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,has anyone got some photo`s from Galloway Autumn 2014 starcamp that they could post on the Drumroanin Facebook page ?

Lesley will be very relieved to get some photo`s posted.

Thank you on Lesley`behalf.

Regards

Mike

Yes I've got some great ones mike which I told Lesley I would put on just slowly going through them.

Well done Derek, that looks really good. How much data is that?

On a slightly different note - that tonic i was telling you about is called Fever Tree.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look out for the tonic Hic,Hic, oops!

See you at the next star camp.

Derek

Beautiful shot Derek, the detail on the horses mane is lovely and the colour balance is spot on!

well done!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm not really happy with it, but that's just me I guess. I'm dreading seeing how much better yours are :Envy: .

Derekl

Right, well I won't bother posting MY horsehead image then :Envy:

Very nice indeed

Neil

Hi Neil,

Get yours out there! Every time I see other pics I get ideas. I know that my star is very bloated, tough at present, as I need more practice.

All the best

Derek

Well done Derek, that looks really good. How much data is that?

On a slightly different note - that tonic i was telling you about is called Fever Tree.

Ian

Sorry Ian,

I forgot in answer to your query,

2 x CLS unbinned 1200 sec

2 x ha 2 x 2 600 sec

2 x G  2 x 2 600 sec

1 x B  2 x 2 600 sec

then clouded out.

Rest of the time pulling out hair  trying to find out why the Adaptive Optics wasn't working :mad: .

Derek

End Caravan near warm room ? I remember now.

That image was with my Megrez 72 (guided)

I'm getting a WO GT-102 triplet tomorrow.

Neil

Yes seen them they are by all accounts a cracking scope. Should give very nice wide field shots.

Derek

Archived