SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galloway Star Camp 2014

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

Dinner early tonight. Clouds away by 18:30. Good viewing. Clouds returned by 20:10. Currently having hot chocolate. a wee bit early for the water of life yet.

Dave must be praying for totally clear skies to safeguard his share of the whiskey;

Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Adrian

Well guys I have looked at my schedule and I just cannot get there before Wednesday :(

Looks like you are going to get the best weather. Of course Clearoutside could be wrong :)

Guess I will have to wait until I get there.

In the meantime Adrian keep up your Carol Kirkwood impression.

Regards

Andy

Hi All,

Went outside at 21:15 some stars to the East, Castor and Pollux, M35 and M1 (the Crab Nebula), and the 2 top star of Orion.

Clouds keep moving, but the patch of sky is small, Mike and myself came in at 21:50 as it completely the cloud completely covered the sky.

Time for a cider.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi All,

It's Tuesday morning, beautiful sunrise rise across the bay.

Last night was interesting with plenty of cloud movement, some of the clear sky gaps were quite large and crystal clear, the views through the scope were stunning.

I understand why I do a meagre 800 mile round trip, the same goes for Alan, Reg and Janet. There is no meaningful comparison between the London and Galloway skies.

Last night, Mike and myself went back out at 23:25 to clear skies to the East and South. Great views of Orion and various Messier objects around that part of the sky.

It then clouded completely over just before mid-night, the wind while not strong was very cold, so a whiskey was called for. 

I went out again at 00:30 there was a small patch high up to the South. I finally surrendered to the cold breeze at 00:50 when the sky completed clouded again.

The interesting thing was that the sies to the North never cleared at all. 

Today, Reg, Janet and myself are planning a walk......

The weather forecasts are showing clear skies for tonight.

Breakfast is just being dished up.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi,

There is no microwave in the facilities block. there is a kettle.

That part of the block is basically for washing and drying clothes.

There are some power points in the games room.

Awaiting the promised clear skies. it was cloudless here until 16:30 when the clouds moved back in.

Could be because there is the football match tonight, so we have a good excuse to watch it.

Keep you all posted.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi folks,im hoping to set off at 10am in the morning,let the morning traffic die down abit.Should arrive early afternoon so i can set my gear up before it get's dark.

Thanks for the updates Adrian,packing me back as we speak.

Goodluck for tonite guys...see you all tomorrow.

Kenny. 

Hi All.

The clouds disappeared by 18:10 and we have everyone out enjoying the clear skies. Only problem is the cold breeze. In the van for a hot tea before braving the elements outside.

Must go and see the marvels of nature.

Cheers

Adrian

Enjoy ;-)

Ian

Livingroom is havoc - shopping tomorrow and Martyn heading over Wednesday night. Hoping for early start Thursday, rendezvous with Iain, Wullie making his own way down hoping to arrive 1-2ish Thursday

Asda are doing a good deal on Jura [emoji106]

David

Well thats me done for the night......

great sky tonight from 7pm and it still is but the wind is now up and torturing PHD. Not to mention i cant keep my eyes open any longer.

been a good night hopefully tomorrow i'll have some good data to look at.

Archived