Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway Star Camp 2014

Andy,just cut tape in door area about 6" from one end and stich on Velcro voila!!! modified t/t, so much easier to walk tent over .Still not got answer from Nina and as for Kelling I would love to go but just could not drive so far, enjoy.

Callum,Lesley would make you very welcome,the site does not have much in the way of stray light,although for the starparty she, puts up blackout blinds.

You could easily block out any stay light with say a wind break,or the side of your tent/van.

People often go to the campsite for astro all year,so don`t think twice just book!!!!!!

Regards

Mike

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy,just cut tape in door area about 6" from one end and stich on Velcro voila!!! modified t/t, so much easier to walk tent over

Wonderful, cut the tape and clipped the Velcro in place  and Sandra had it stitched in minutes  :) :)

Thanks

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know........

During the star party the Leonid meteor shower will peak on 17th November 2014, we should be able given the promised clear skies some good views.

Binoculars are good for viewing these events.

Looking forward to a great party.

Cheers

Adrian

Daniel,you must make time for this one,its the one event of the year that keeps me sane!

Look forward to seeing everyone at this years starcamp.

Ps..Steve,the Judas in the cupboard waitin

£10 off in Co op..

Kenny

Hello All,just a quick update we have filled all the electric pitches,that's 25 pitches ,i have just had a conversation with Lesley and because of demand she is organizing an extra  5 pitches so if you have not already booked for what is fast becoming Scotland's premier event  then get your booking in asap,First come first served. :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

This years event has really piqued an interest in Astronomy and Dark Skies,and if the weather plays ball ,we are in for a real treat,check out Drumroanin`s Facebook page for a picture  taken in August of the Milky Way and that's with the light nights of summer imagine it with  dark night`s   :Envy:  :Envy: :Envy: .

Well worth the trip north!!!!

Regards

Mike 

Hi mike,

This is building up to be a special meet by the sounds of things, in the depths of winter in a dark part of the country.

Ive been booked up for months so now im just praying for clear skies and a warm coat.

My main challenge is going to be the horse head nebula as a visual target, I tried all last winter and even kielder was too murky for me to manage it.

Cheers

I still haven't booked a pitch yet as I am unsure about attending - the lack of a local takeaway/restaurant is a real pain and I hate cooking out of a tent. I wont need an electric hook up, so I can probably leave it a little longer before I decide.  feeling really torn about whether to book or not, as the skies can be great there. I will have a wee think about it whilst at CSP11 in 10 -12 days time, then decide.

Tom

I still haven't booked a pitch yet as I am unsure about attending - the lack of a local takeaway/restaurant is a real pain and I hate cooking out of a tent. I wont need an electric hook up, so I can probably leave it a little longer before I decide. feeling really torn about whether to book or not, as the skies can be great there. I will have a wee think about it whilst at CSP11 in 10 -12 days time, then decide.

Tom

Isn't there a kitchen?

Archived