SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My astro image winner

starman1969

I was thrilled to have my image of the Southern Cross win the Photo of the Month in May's Sky at night magazine.

It's the first time i can remember winning an actual prize for something.

It was also my first trip to the Southern Hemisphere so I was a little unfamiliar with the sky, but the Southern Cross was one of my main targets and it was very obvious. I was also pleased that I managed to nail the polar alignment because I could not use the polar scope at all & instead just aligned by the dials on the tripod.

Steve

post-15011-0-21829300-1398320964_thumb.j

Many congratulations to you  ....  :laugh:

It is a wonderful feeling seeing a photo of your own making in print with your name on it and your mugshot staring back at you .....  :grin:

Don't forget to get a few spare copies , you'll soon wear the first one out.

Just been reading the mag again and I must say your image on here looks much better than in the magazine.

Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with how it looks in the mag, although on a decent screen it probably looks much better due to the higher contrast.

Archived