SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Using a Philips SNC900 NC Webcam with Windows 8.1

Sandancer10

Hi all, does anyone know whether the 900 works with the latest version of Windows?

I've downloaded the driver but keep getting an error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've spent 2 days trying to sort this out.

Thanks

Brenda

is it a dedicated win 8 driver ??
not a big fan of Win 8 a step backwards in software development IMHO

I've spent more time converting Win 8 machines back to Win 7 or XP in the last 6 months than any other IT work

is it a dedicated win 8 driver ??

not a big fan of Win 8 a step backwards in software development IMHO

I've spent more time converting Win 8 machines back to Win 7 or XP in the last 6 months than any other IT work

I don't know for sure, but suspect its Win 7. If it is, would there be anyway of getting it to work?

Well setting up this webcam has been a nightmare, but I have finally succeeded - at a cost.

When I downloaded the driver 6 days ago I got a virus in my laptop and it's played havoc with my settings. It lost my wifi driver and stuffed just about everything up. In the end, with the help of a IT literate friend, I had to completely re-boot the laptop. The outcome of course is all of my programs need to be re-installed, about 20 in all.  :eek:  However Jasper, (IT guy) advised that when I reload everything I can make a mirror image of windows (including all the uploaded programs) and if anything happens again I just need to load it all from an external hardrive - "simple" as our Meerkat friend would say.   :grin:

p.s. The SNC900 does work with Windows 8, but I'm not messing around with 8.1, I'm just happy I got it to work.  :smiley:

Archived