Narrowband

Hello to all!

Mark_C

Hi everybody,

I thought I'd sign up and introduce myself to these forums. After an unintentionally long break from astronomy, I am now glad to be back at doing what I love most. I have been lurking around these forums for quite some time now and thought that it would be nice to get involved within the community. You will no doubt see me posting in the advice section quite often and hopefully once I gain more experience, return the favour whenever I can. :)

I have recently bought a Synta AZ-EQ6-GT mount and will be soon in the process of buying a Skywatcher 120ED (or similar) to attach to it. It is my intention to buy a modified DSLR to image DSOs and hopefully alongside this, some planetary work. :)

Clear skies!

Cheers,

Mark.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Mark. You will find this is the friendliest astro forum around. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. Anything you need to know, just ask, however basic it might seem.

Best wishes and clear skies

Jason

Hi Mark and welcome to SGL from another imager!! Good to have another join the fold! If you are thinking about imaging DSO's, can I suggest a quick spend on the book 'Making Every Photon Count' - Available in the book section of the FLO website. Something of a DSO imagers bible and most excellent in all regards.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived