Explore Scientific 30mm 100 degree

John

I think I would have to buy a new mount to use this. I don't think it is something I will be spending money on, especially after the bad report on the 25mm 100 that was on site.

It will be interesting to read about this as I guess it must have been fully developed by ExSc like the 25mm and not copied from Televue.

Buying one John?

Alan

I think I would have to buy a new mount to use this. I don't think it is something I will be spending money on, especially after the bad report on the 25mm 100 that was on site.

It will be interesting to read about this as I guess it must have been fully developed by ExSc like the 25mm and not copied from Televue.

Buying one John?

Alan

It's good to see ES pushing out some new designs of their own.

This one is not on my wish list though. You can have too much of a good thing  :smiley:

the problem with this eyepiece is two fold:firstly-where are all the 3" Newtonian focusers upgrades? secondly:has anyone made a 3" coma corrector yet?

The OOUK ACU-3L 3" focuser and Wynne corrector from the AG series should have that covered. Absurdly expensive though, but if you're spending more than a grand on an eyepiece...

ES have a 3" diagonal due out soon I believe. I guess this eyepiece would suit a really big SCT or refractor. I think ES are realistic about the size of the market for them.

The EP is $ 1249. and the 3"diagonal is $ 419. With tax that becomes approximately a $ 2000. EP. the views better be like what Hubble reveals. There is a lot more you can buy for your hobby than a single EP like that.

If you had a 16 inch SC like the Meade LX 200 which in itself is not cheap then is there really any great avantage in having one of these, as oppossed to say a 41mm Panoptic, there is no going to be much in it. On a scope like that even the 41mm would give a large enough magnification to have a black sky for good contrast.

I think you would really have to love the mega wide FOV to even consider one.

Alan

Archived