Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2014

I thought I was good when I called it a night at 3 haha. Having a nice cooked breakfast now mmmmm bacon. Sausages and fried egg mmmm. All with a nice petrol taste haha. 669a094e2ba2f88a67100ab0380f25b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha i forgot bout that nick,  the pan i origionally kept in the trailer i removed as i was doing work to the water system, forgot to put it back in, i had my small camping set thats designed for a small child in the middle of nowhere with a small wood fire. it was ok for just bacon but thats bout it so went to get a nice big replacement.   

It was

The measure of a star party is not the observations but of reaquatence of old friends the making of new friends and the knowledge gained and passed on that is the measure of a star party and their were many new friends made and a lot of knowledge gained that is success surely.   :cool:

It was a great party. Thanks to Mr F for organising it.

Had a great time with my son, enjoyed looking through John splendid 8 inch scope. Astro Js 11 inch and used my own 130P scope to see loads of stuff.

Stunning skies, great company...

Oh and split omicron Cygnus with the naked eye.

Mark

Star party observed list - 35 objects including 21 Messiers

Globulars M2 / M 13 / M 15

Clusters M36/37/38/34/45/29/35

Galaxies NGC247/278/1023/772/7814/7331/2841/6503/7332/404/185/245 M77/74/33/110

Neb M76/ NGC 246 / M57/42/1/97 NGC 6960 / M27

Most through my trusty 5 inch reflector..

Mark

Was hoping to pop up tomorrow night but got the car home today with new alternator, drove to bq and brakes failed,something to do with the vacuum pump on diesels apparantly.thank god I was not on the beacons or I would be dead now. Oh well looks like this year was just not meant to be.glad to hear everyone's enjoying themselves.

Hi Steve,

Sorry You, Matt, and Pat couldn't make it to the Star Party. You guys were missed, but in our thoughts and conversations. Time seems to fly nowadays, and SWG-4 will be here before we know it.   :smiley:

Friday night turned out to be great, with some of us riding through till the early morning. Not me though, I called it a night about 1:45, needed my beauty sleep. :grin:  It was good to catch up with the Blaenavon crew, and meet other SGL members.  Looking forward to next year for sure.   :smiley:

Thanks to Tony (Freff) and Dave/Di (Mr Fibble) for organising a great little star party. Fantastic skies at the campsite (when it's not cloudy) and great company. Will be back again next year.

PS  A big thanks to the Big Dob crew for putting the cover back over my rig early this morning.

Archived