sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

The Gadget Show Channel 5 Tonight 21st 7.00

Hi, on The Gadget Show tonight if says that Will Gater "picks out the stars of the latest array of telescopes".  Might or might not be interesting.

• Like 2

Dave, I know where you've coming from but I always record it and then can just fast forward the adverts and anything else I don't want to view. Just be interesting to see what they say.

• Like 1

Well I started watching it and switched off after 3 min, the presentation was just too urch!

And they won't be comparing TEC with APM or Tak, more like Tesco, Argos and Asda  :mad: .

BTW are you sure about the 'scope thing? There was no mention in my RT.

Yes, I have Sky TV & this  is where I saw the info about the scopes, they may have got it wrong, it's happened before. I'm recording it so won't be watching it until later.

Edited by purdo
  • Like 1

OK you were right. I did catch the bit where they were stargazing, I just wondered if it was a regional thing.

Didn't think much of it TBH. Ok it wasn't Tesco, Argos or Asda but waving a tablet around with a non-night-mode display is going to wipe out your night vision.

The 'scopes they had were reasonable I suppose.

Well, I've just watched it and fast forwarded some of it.  At least they showed some scopes albeit quite quickly but better than nothing, they spent more time on the apps than anything else.  Was quite pleased actually as I am considering buying the SW 150P DS & they showed the 150P.  Anybody interested in viewing if they missed it I think it's repeated on Fridays.

The problem I find with the Gadget Show is that its more about their egos than the 'gage' they review (as the young folkes say!). However Jon Bentley seems to be the exception to this.

What was the self-aligning mount that was reviewed?

The problem I find with the Gadget Show is that its more about their egos than the 'gage' they review (as the young folkes say!). However Jon Bentley seems to be the exception to this.

What was the self-aligning mount that was reviewed?

I think it was a Celestron Skyprodigy 90 - self aligning mak

Wow, that Skyprodigy looks a great bit of kit - plonk your scope down, switch on and let it align itself - simples!!!

At least Jason Bradbury is flying the flag for us slap-heads I suppose. :grin:

Wow, that Skyprodigy looks a great bit of kit - plonk your scope down, switch on and let it align itself - simples!!!

If you have a Celestron mount buying a Starsense accessory will give it the same capability.