Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Astroscot2

JMI EV1N focuser questions

Hello.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts from anyone using a JMI EV1 on their newtonian.  Im finding it difficult 

to get informtion on the dimensions of the focuser and how well it handles loaded for imaging.

Im looking to replace the focuser on my CT10 which is not holding my imaging train very well and producing some extreme sag to say the least.

One of the issues I have is when I use my ASA Quattro corrector, when in focus the distance from the tube wall to the top flange of the corrector is 125mm before the required 72mm backfocus.  Im already in the process of adding insert strengthening tube to help stabailise the whole area around the focuser. 

The EV1 looks ideal for what I need however any other focuser suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Mark

Surely someone has a JMI focuser on their Newt or imagers have opinons on decent focusers ?

Edited by Astroscot2

I'm also a bit surprised you've had no responses.

Am interested in a JMI EV1n myself and hear good reports about them,but nothing first hand.
Hope you get a reply soon
Cheers
Andrew