Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEQ 6 MC Error (again)

alex_b

Sorry folks, I know this issue has been done to death here but I can't seem to find what I need in the forum search.

I've got the MC error message o'doom and just wondered who the best people were to talk to regarding fault finding/getting a replacement circuit board etc. 

I bought the mount a couple of years ago from Orion Optics in Crewe, so assume all warranties are now expired.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Alex

I suspect I'm in the other 10%.

The 240V transformer may have caused the problem in the first place (for the failure occurred using it) but now it doesn't matter what I use - 240V transformer, 12V battery supply or even my regulated 12V bench supply, the result is still the same MC error. 

I've yet to pull the board out yet and check it over for visible signs of misery. That's my job for this afternoon. 

Cheers

Alex

I've now checked all my power supplies with a multimeter and all appear to be satisfactory. 

I've had the MCB out and _visually_ can't see anything wrong with it - there are no obvious indications of a massive over-current killing things. I've not been through the board with a multimeter as I can't find a schematic anywhere.

Could the handset be at fault? All the connections look good and I've just (a few mins ago) updated the firmware to v3.35 without any problem. 

Archived