Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Here's The big man from a couple of nights ago, I'm desperate ti get a bit more info out of it but I've started with AS2 and it's pretty good software.

Would love to have a go with a 4x or 5x Powermate but could do with some motor driven focusing.

Thanks for looking, other stuff is on my flickr site.

post-12650-0-11280900-1397938073_thumb.j

• Like 5

Here's The big man from a couple of nights ago, I'm desperate ti get a bit more info out of it but I've started with AS2 and it's pretty good software.

Would love to have a go with a 4x or 5x Powermate but could do with some motor driven focusing.

Thanks for looking, other stuff is on my flickr site.

Hi was this image took using the skywatcher 200P? i can't seem to get anywhere near a good image like that and i have the same telescope.

Hi was this image took using the skywatcher 200P? i can't seem to get anywhere near a good image like that and i have the same telescope.

Hi, it's just the 200p and it's probably one of the better planetary images i've tank with that scope. I was using a Revelation 2.5 barlow which isn't the greatest but not bad, I managed to stack about 1600-1900 frames per RGB channel but I think that using Autostakert @ it the key. A great bit of software for aligning, I then adjust the wavelets in Registax and follow this link for Photoshop finishing.

Hope that this is of some help

Great image!! What camera did you use??

Hi Thanks, using the ASI120mm with manual RGB filter wheel, it's proving to be a great little camera.

Nice Jupiter & Europa capture. Well caught!

Best regards,

Ralph

• Like 1

Hi, I thought I'd try a revision of this image so i've added another Red layer for luminosity and I think it"s brought out a touch more detail.
I thought I'd order an Astronomik IR pass filter to see how that works.
Left is the original and Right is Revision.
Thanks
Campbell
post-12650-0-45646100-1398157881_thumb.jpost-12650-0-38730300-1398157864_thumb.j

Indeed.  Lovely detail.

James