Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

sulaco

Here's The big man from a couple of nights ago, I'm desperate ti get a bit more info out of it but I've started with AS2 and it's pretty good software.

Would love to have a go with a 4x or 5x Powermate but could do with some motor driven focusing.

Thanks for looking, other stuff is on my flickr site.

post-12650-0-11280900-1397938073_thumb.j

Here's The big man from a couple of nights ago, I'm desperate ti get a bit more info out of it but I've started with AS2 and it's pretty good software.

Would love to have a go with a 4x or 5x Powermate but could do with some motor driven focusing.

Thanks for looking, other stuff is on my flickr site.

Hi was this image took using the skywatcher 200P? i can't seem to get anywhere near a good image like that and i have the same telescope.

Hi was this image took using the skywatcher 200P? i can't seem to get anywhere near a good image like that and i have the same telescope.

Hi, it's just the 200p and it's probably one of the better planetary images i've tank with that scope. I was using a Revelation 2.5 barlow which isn't the greatest but not bad, I managed to stack about 1600-1900 frames per RGB channel but I think that using Autostakert @ it the key. A great bit of software for aligning, I then adjust the wavelets in Registax and follow this link for Photoshop finishing.

Hope that this is of some help

Hi, I thought I'd try a revision of this image so i've added another Red layer for luminosity and I think it"s brought out a touch more detail.
I thought I'd order an Astronomik IR pass filter to see how that works.
Left is the original and Right is Revision.
Thanks
Campbell
post-12650-0-45646100-1398157881_thumb.jpost-12650-0-38730300-1398157864_thumb.j

Archived