SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Clydesdale

Mad astro girl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be a lot of people from the Glasgow area on this forum maybe because its a big city but still I would guess a disproportionate number !! 

Maybe its the lack of light pollution (NOT!) or the pleasant, calm, warm, cloud free weather (NOT!) Maybe its the incredibly well stocked Telescope shop in Glasgow (NOT!)

Either way - WELCOME!!   I am a newbie at this game but I have had tremendous help and support from this forum and I am sure you will too.

I wonder if we will get booted out of this forum if we vote for independence in September!!

ps - I am doing 'The Moons' OU course at the moment - its great!!

Welcome to SGL Mad :)

Your astro club isn't too far from me, I should really try to get along to one of your meets.

L.

You will be made most welcome. Our next meeting is on the 12th May, when we have Prof Charles Cockell from Edinburgh University coming along to do our John Braithwaite Memorial lecture, Life in the Universe: Astrobiology Comes of Age. It is £2 for non-members. We meet in the Bank Hall, Climpy Road, Forth, ML118BX, at 7:30 pm. There will be tea/coffee/cake. We will be presenting Macmillan Cancer Support Scotland with a cheque that night, and the press will be there. Prof Cockell is a brilliant lecturer, and I cant recommend him highly enough. I did the Astrobiology coursera course that he and his team put together, and it was brilliant. One of my online face book friends did it as well this year and absolutely loved it and the prof. It would be great to see you there on the night. :-)) Or anyone else on here that is near us, is most welcome to join us.

Hi and welcome :)

You should post some of your images for us to see :)

See you around.

I will do :-))  I took some pictures of the Sun with my DSLR Camera yesterday, using a solar filter, remote release, tripod and 300mm lens. Once I get time to sort them out I will post some on here. 

Welcome to SGL Mad :)

Your astro club isn't too far from me, I should really try to get along to one of your meets.

L.

It would be nice to have some closer links with the Central Scotland Observers Group too.  We have several active observers that I'm sure would join in your activities.

There seems to be a lot of people from the Glasgow area on this forum maybe because its a big city but still I would guess a disproportionate number !! 

Maybe its the lack of light pollution (NOT!) or the pleasant, calm, warm, cloud free weather (NOT!) Maybe its the incredibly well stocked Telescope shop in Glasgow (NOT!)

Either way - WELCOME!!   I am a newbie at this game but I have had tremendous help and support from this forum and I am sure you will too.

I wonder if we will get booted out of this forum if we vote for independence in September!!

ps - I am doing 'The Moons' OU course at the moment - its great!!

yeah the Moons course is fab. Hope not lol. We might get asked for our passport before signing in lol hahaha

Silly question from newbie on here. How do I upload an astrophotography picture(s) I have taken to let you see. 

Best Wishes

Mad astro girl

When you are typing your post, you will see "more reply options" next to the "post" button. Go in there and you will see hoe to attach stuff.

Hi MAG, when you start to do a post, there is a button at the bottom of the reply screen which says 'more reply options', you can upload from there, but once you have chosen your picture (attach), you have to confirm it on another button (attach this file (s)).

It would be nice to have some closer links with the Central Scotland Observers Group too.  We have several active observers that I'm sure would join in your activities.

We don't have anything as posh as a hall to meet in... usually a muddy car park In the Pentland hills!!! Your members would be made more than welcome, check out our forum for meeting details, these are usually at short notice when the weather plays ball!

L

We don't have anything as posh as a hall to meet in... usually a muddy car park In the Pentland hills!!! Your members would be made more than welcome, check out our forum for meeting details, these are usually at short notice when the weather plays ball!

L

Will do. We are used to mud and cold and are quite hardy souls!

Archived