Narrowband

M65

centroid

A hours worth of M65 at f/10, but I shouldn't have 'pushed' the mag that far, given that the 'seeing' was a bit 'iffy'.

Would probably have achieved a better result, by using the f/6.3 FR and 'pulling back' a bit, but I was already setup at f/10 from imaging the Eskimo (yet to be processed) which needs it.

For those that aren't aware, M65 is one of the Leo Triplet of galaxies.

12" LX200R at f/10 - SXVF-H9C 6x600 subs

Dave

post-13389-133877337207_thumb.jpg

I thought it might be a good idea John, to 'post' pretty rough image, to show some of the newcomers to astro imaging, that although we've been at it for a while, we do actually get some duff results, as well as good ones.

We mainly seem to 'post' only our good results, which could create the illusion that all our results are reasonable. If only!! :D

The bottom line is, if this had been my first attempt at astro imaging, it would have been pretty damn good, but in this case, I should have done better :D

So guys, the moral of the story is, its the operator that's at fault here, not his tools. :nono:

Dave

Archived