Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
johnb

MS ICE and Moon Mosaic

Hi

I have quite a few panes of the moon and if dump them all into ICE I end up with lines were there are to many overlaps, will ICE allow me to selectively add and remove panes ? - or am I going about this in the wrong way ?

regards

John B

I find that with ICE it is easier to make "strips" of mosaic and then assemble these seperately - otherwise ICE can get confused!  If you have lines around the edges of panes try cropping the individual panes before making the mosaic.  Hope these help.

• Like 1

I often crop every frame by few pixel to remove the bad edges from stacking that often confuse ICE or create artifacts on mosaic.

• Like 1

never thought of cropping the frames before it makes good sense to do it though, nice advice!

Edited by bunnygod1

I often crop every frame by few pixel to remove the bad edges from stacking that often confuse ICE or create artifacts on mosaic.

Absolutely this.

I stack in AS2 and then wavelet sharpen in Registax. I find that Registax doesn't crop the edges even when you use the cropping tool (probably user error on my part though!).  I normally right-click them and use Paint in Windows to edit them...quick and easy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this