Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PHD help!

ChrisLX200

PHD is simply not working right and I can't figure out why :(  Basically I'm getting DEC drift and PHD is not issuing any corrections. This is a typical graph of what I'm seeing:

PHDdrift_zps16089951.jpg

You might see a couple of DEC corrections were issued right at the beginning of the trace and this is typical, after that no further corrections and I get a continuous drift (due to polar misalignment). I've tried the last 3 versions of PHD2, I've tried resetting everything back to default. No luck. This setup was working but only yesterday evening it started this behaviour, and I've spent hours tonight trying to fix it. The mount seems fine, it slew/centers and tracks (in RA) OK. The DEC motors are obviously working - the problem appears to be simply PHD not issuing correction commands? At my wits end on this now and packing it in...

ChrisH

hmm had this issue too....

solved the problem somehow...don´t know if it was to set from north to auto...

...and set the declination mode to lopass...

but now it works fine!

hope it works for you too...

Archived