Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Revelation Dobs.

I have the 12" Revelation, the build quality is excellent and the focuser is fantastic , solid as a rock ( I've had problems with a Skywatcher focuser before).

I have had very little time to test the optics but I am very pleased with what I have seen so far.

Can't believe it only cost me £550 from Telescope House.

Happy days.

Avtar

• 3 weeks later...

Probably a bit late replying to this. I have a Revelation 8" dob and I am very happy. I have seen the SW in a store but not used one, but I could not see much difference in build quality between them. I like the aluminum adjustable bearing better than the SW sticky out handle, however I do worry how well the cutout in the base which holds the bearing will last over time, especially if moisture gets in.

I think overall you do get slightly more for your money from the Revelation, with SW you are getting a proven product from a name everyone knows.

"You pays your money you makes your choice" and if I was to do it again, I'd still get the Rev, although probably a 10", or a 12" or....

Sent from my phone, any spelling mistakes I will blame on auto correct (apart from the ones I make!)

Archived