Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon 600D lenses

MND

Hi all. I've taken the plunge and bought a 600D off ebay cheap to mess about with. I quite fancy buying a lens or two to play around with as well.

Are lenses like Chinon and Tamron any good, they are a lot cheaper than Canon ones.

I've been looking on ebay at prime 200mm lenses but they seem to go for high prices even 2nd hand. I know that zoom arent in same league as prime lenses but they go really cheap. Worth a punt to experiment with or a real non-starter?

• 2 weeks later...

M42 fit lenses are great for Astro work just remember that you will have to adjust the focus and aperture manually.

I have a Samyang 500mm Mirror lens and a 29mm F2 both cost less than £30 so a total bargain and work perfectly on my 70D.

You want to try vintage M42 screw fitting Takumar lenses as originally sold with Pentax cameras. Excellent for astro, very solidly built and cheap on ebay. I've got the 28mm f3.5, 55mm f1.8 and 200mm f4. I think the 200mm is the best you'll get this side of a Canon 200mm L series at a fraction of the price. As others have said, you need a M42 to EOS adaptor.

Pete

Just bought a 135mm F2.8 hanimex for a tenner inc postage!

Might be a dog but for a tenner I think it's worth a play with?

The good thing about a cheap lens is you can get to play with it and if you find one thats good for astro but has scratches/fungus you can allways look out for a more pristine example.

Alan

Im having to keep off ebay, so many cheap lenses I'll end up with a houseful.

I had never used Ebay until a week or so ago and my neighbour is alteady sick of taking parcels in!

Archived