SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Accidental Jupiter from 9th April

Jupiterholic

Not accidental as in, I didn't mean to take it, but on I accidentally left a 1.75x screw in barlow on my camera, plugged it into a 2x barlow and stupidly didn't twig why the image was so dim and large, but went ahead and hit record anyway. F37.5 should be waaaaay too much for my aperture to handle (I've struggled with my 3x televue in the past) but it actually came out ok, and, Whoop!, The Sky at Night TV programme (whose flickr group I posted it to) have put it in their 'favourite images for April'. Yay! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01x6ffc

(for those who know me, this honestly has nothing to do with my other 'association' with the TV programme. I put my images in loads of Flickr groups as well as The Sky at Night's and the TV programme have never used any of mine before. It was genuinely unexpected)

So here's the F37.5 version:

13759751763_66a483532b_o.png

and here it is a few minutes later at plain old F20

13774252933_c0b29c61cf_o.png

Archived