seen it,here on the south coast.

Trying to get it on the laptop, was

a pain in the neck.Just waiting for

Mars, then Saturn to come over.

My garden faces West.Another

late night.That moon does not

help.Still, keep trying.

Steve

If you read that as it's laid out it kindof makes a nice poem :)

Just finished photographing IC5146 (Cocoon Nebula). It's right over the North Sea and low down so it's probably the darkest thing out there tonight from my garden. Will have to see if I actually managed to image it tomorrow - too late now cos (yawn) it's way past bedtime. Night peeps and happy Stargazing. :smiley:  

As usual, the Glasgow weather forecast wasn't accurate... Tut. Still, did get some subs of M27 (6 x 360s, I think) - nowhere near enough for a decent final image. Could see the nebula on individual subs (so I know it's there! :) )  but it will still be on the faint side unless I can get some more subs soon, whilst it's still in my restricted view. Fingers crossed!

Night all

Louise

What would you get with a Ha filter in such conditions when imaging a GC or galaxy?

Hi Russe

I expect there would be a risk of some moonlight noise even with a Ha filter, but I'm guessing, as I have no idea!

I limited myself to 360s subs last night and they seemed ok (apart from the city lp, of course). I think it helped that moon had passed the meridian so was behind me when I imaged. The trouble here is that it never actually gets dark anyway so there is always  a level of background light. This definitely reduces contrast.

Action replay tonight if the forecast is right :) Unusually, the wind is forecast to come from the east in Glasgow (straight at me!) but a least it should be light.

Cheers

Louise

I think the main use would be to pick up the Ha regions in the spiral arms, to add to an underlying LRGB image. Might be a useful activity if broadband imaging is washed out by the moon.

I may use tonight, if it stays clear, to check my alignment.

Archived