Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello!

Jani V

Hi!

I have been reading this website for a long time, and now I thought, I should sign in.

In Finland astrophotographing is really in high level.

But there is my problem.. I read one thread in Finnish "offical" forum, where some people shared their fabulous photos of Jupiter.

Everybody said, their photos are poor quality, and "I have to shoot new ones, this is just not nice".

I think that every photo is unique and I hate when people are too modest.

My telescope is not good. My camera is not the best. My mount is not the best. I still do AP, I have taken everything out of my systems,  and I really enjoy when somebody says, i have taken a good shot.

Everyone who has said so, is living outside Finland. Only once I had some positive feedback from a Finn.

I´m just happy to join to community, where everybody respects others.

Here is my flick photos, if someone wants to take a look

https://www.flickr.com/photos/14480117@N06/

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL....

Trashing peoples work is bad, we all have to start from somewhere and those first images we take, no matter how poor, are the one that encourage us to do more.

I have yet to see anyone trashed on this forum.

BTW I like what you have posted...wish mine had been like that!

Hi Jani, welcome to SGL :)

Everyone is welcome here. We have complete beginners who have never used a telescope before, to some of the best astrophotographers in the world. No-one will say a bad word to anyone - it's the friendliest forum I know :)

Hi and welcome to SGL - Nice Flickr images there!!

I think we always aspire to do better and because people are not happy with their work that aspires them to do better next time. I have taken perhaps two / three images that I am happy with - The rest as far as I am concerned are not as good as I'd like. That's just the way life is for me!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Jani V welcome to the lounge

you have a great collection of images, S G L is a forum who's philosophy seems to

be, help and encourage each other, that is why this forum is so popular and also

worldwide, every one here in S G L are passionate about this wonderful hobby, so

enjoy your time here.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's 

Hi Jani, Welcome to the Forum.

As one of the Newbies, who is yet to delve into Astrophotography, but will do eventually, lol. I found your images to be superb, I only hope, I get such great images. :)

Archived