SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

At last my 1st Horse Head

robindurant

I have been trying to image this for over a year and have just managed it before it dissapears over the trees. It is the 2nd attempt with my Atik 16c colour ccd. I know that it is Carp compared with some I have seen on the Forum but I don't care, I never thought I would ever manage this but due to help I have had from you Guys, especially Steppenwolf & MatinB it proves that even with a cheap 80mm Achromatic SW you can achieve DSO images I hope this will give hope to other newbies.

Sorry to go on but I'm in a happy mood ( for once )

Robin

3569_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I reckon you have done really well there Robin , especially doing colour as well , as its by no means easy , ,and as they say its all ther the flame ole Horsey , so thats your bench mark . it will all become easier as time goes on , , justa pity ole horsey is going away from us now ,

Rog

I know the feeling Robin - its just great to get it :D:lol: You've got the flame as well - and I do so like colour 8). Well done!

The little AtiKs are brilliant aren't they - I'm SOO tempted to buy a colour one too :D (its my birthday next month, maybe..)

Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Helen

"Way to go Robin! :thumbup:

I wish my first attempt at the 'horse' had worked as well.

Its not an easy object to capture, as the nearby star Alnitak is like a floodlight compared to the little dark horse.

'Onwards and upwards now" :D

Dave

Fantastic result Robin :D I hope one day I too will get a horsey under my belt I have the Atik 16 the mono version I would be interested if you could give anty settings that were involved I just managed to get Saturn more or less focused using the Atik

i consider that a result for me can you show me your image train by any any chance

Hi Martin

Yes I did use curves but My Atik Camera is giving me problems at the moment. It seem as if it is fogging up on the chip. I have discussed it with Bern and a solution hopefully is in hand. I had to work harder to get this image than I would have without the problem.

Robin

Hi Helen

As I have stated my Atik tends to mist up with condensation on the chip itself. It is supposed to be completely sealed with a drying agent to stop it condensating but under cold ambient temperatures it is prone to misting. Bern, Modern Astronomy, suggested using a Dew heater on the tube but not on the CCD camera itself. However this has not worked with mine and I get very foggy and grainy pics. This need not be your problem. Bern is checking with the manufacturer for me with some images I sent him whether to see if the seal has blown to the chip chamber. Note mine is a Colour version where yours I think is non colour., but they still work on the same system. If I get any positive result I will PM you.

Robin

Archived