Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
centroid

The Leo Triplet

Another 'quickie' from last night, that was cutailed by the arrival of the cloud. :D

Only managed a hour on this one with an 80mm scope, which is somewhat less than ideal, but half an image is better than no image at all in this country :D

SXVF-H9C - ED80 + f/6.3 RF 6x600 sec subs.

Dave

post-13389-133877337134_thumb.jpg

well for one i like the colour of those Dave , and the detail is pretty good ,now ole fussy Rog says , just have to get the core of those galaxies down a wee bit , then super job ,

heehehhe Rog

:D

Great shot. Galaxies are great and three in one shot is even better!

just have to get the core of those galaxies down a wee bit , then super job ,

heehehhe Rog

:D

With just six subs, there wasn't a lot of image to play with :D

That's an ineteresting point Rog, one galaxy core I can cope with, but three in one image, and all different, now that's another challenge :?

Dave

Great colour, nice framing getting all 3 in there. Well done :D

A way to deal with the cores without having to take sets of different exposures is to do a couple of different stretches (levels/curves) and save the images. Then you copy and paste the required areas as you would with blending different exposures.

Works very well.

Cheers

Rob

That's an excellent Leo Triplet Dave - and well framed. I know it's not an easy target.

I would agree with Rob on the solution to handling the different cores.

8)

MD

Thanks Rob, I'll have a play around with what you suggest, albeit I would like a bit more image to work with.

That one's a bit boderline with regard to noise, as its around half of the exposure that I set out to do.

Dave

Great image Dave, I'm impressed if thats what you call half an image, I'm dying to see the whole one (weather permitting).

Trudie

Looks pretty good to me Dave, and I would be very pleased to call it mine, but you obviously think it needs improving, so I await the update. :D

Ron. :D

You've done well with that one Dave off 1 hour. Those little blighters are a long way away!

I must have missed this one first time around but it is a lovely capture, especially the edge on galaxy (NGC 3628) at the top