Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

lensman57

30 minutes on M82, SW 8s first test

Hi,

Having waited for over 3 weeks to get a clear night, last night I set up the HEQ5 and the Quattro 8s more in hope as the clouds were thickening as the evening went on. I managed to get 9X 450s on M82 as a test of this scope but only 4 were usable . The first two subs were superb and then it got worse and worse as the clouds got in the way. Quattro 8s @ F3.6, Atik 428EXC and IDAS D1 filter. Darks, Bias and Flat frames. The stars are a funny shape even though the collimation seemed fine so the CC may not have seated correctly in the focuser.  Also the SN now appears to be a deep orange or red in colour.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-00509800-1397080154_thumb.p

• Like 6

A.G  when i had the 8S i found the mirror clips where to tight, also if you look at the star in the bottom left you have double diffraction spikes so something is out, M82 looking great though :)

A.G  when i had the 8S i found the mirror clips where to tight, also if you look at the star in the bottom left you have double diffraction spikes so something is out, M82 looking great though :)

Hi to all,

Many thanks for your comments. I have since adjusted the collimation a little for the better I hoped  but due to the lousy weather no chance yet to try it out. I hope the focuser is sitting square on as I really hate to start taking the spider and the secondry out to sort out the focuser. Hope I have some more positive points to report soon. Once sorted the scope has great potential I feel.

Regards,

A.G

heres a M51 i done with my quattro i use to have not great but i live in a very LP city. good luck with your new scope. some day i may return to AP not just yet though ;)

post-6284-0-32882100-1397302064_thumb.jp

• Like 2