Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My new Dark sky trip Tent

Daniel-K

well after the fiasco last week ive bought my self a new dark sky trip tent, this seem to tick all the box's. it arrived this afternoon and took around 20 mins to set up on my own but im sure with some more practice i can get that down to 10mins. for under £100  its massive lots of room and very light. the only thing i dont like are the poles i think they could be be better but they seem to do the job. added bonus of tension bands as well :) seems solid enough when its up. cant wait for DOBFEST to try it out !!!! :D

post-6284-0-05749300-1397057875_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-88286500-1397057928_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-53912400-1397057958_thumb.jp

Try a Vango Icarus 500. I 've used the same one at 8 star parties without problem and you can get a porch for entertaining. No.1 son bought a near new one on the bay for £100. There's plenty standing room and a reasonable sized scope may be stored inside,

Nick.

I bought one of these on october for kielder autumn starcamp and i used it for the spring one this year aswell. Just about the right size for 1 person with plenty of space. It held up to wet windy kielder weather no problem. I payed £78 delivered off ebay, you can't knock it at that price. But i do know what you mean about the poles Dan, i always keep some gaffer tape handy :eek: .

I was wondering what Dobfest was too...

Anyway, after the SGL party last weekend, I got myself a Vango Beta 450XL - £120 from Cotswold Outdoor (£50 off). 4 man, large porch, and I've never seen a poorly designed Vango tent.

im looking at the callisto 400 with canopy for £244 steel legs so no broken poles great for P2P in October  after last year hope you dont mind OP. Your tent looks great get the canopy and you can just put your scope in it ready.

Archived