SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tent drying exercise

Adrian Condon

Hi folks,

Just to remind you that those wet tents need to be dried out as soon as possible.

It was every wet over night on Sunday, my tent got a good soaking and needs to be dried out.

I have just set the tent up to dry in the back garden in a cloudless blue sky.

The wind is now whipping around the tent with the breeze that has just brought in the those nice dark clouds, my tent seems to have a built-in rain finder!

The groundsheet is covered in a wet brown substance, I will let it dry and then brush it off.

It is essential to get the tent bone dry as it is a polycotton tent before packing it away for the next adventure which could be the Cumbria star party in Longtown starting 23rd May 2014. (See Star Parties for more details).

I would like to thank Peter and Kevin for their timely help in packing the tent away yesterday, it is very heavy when wet. Thanks lads.

Cheers

Adrian

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine was pegged out this morning on the lawn and it rained lmao ! . At least we now have a bright yellow thing in the sky which hopefully will sort it out :)

I strongly think an Airbeam or AirGo tent will be on my pitch next year

The outers draped over the back line and the inner is over the rotary line... weathers looking iffy but they are almost dry enough to put away... they really need washing so as soon as we have a settled spell I will do that...

Peter. ..

Badly typed on my Galaxay S4 in Tapatalk4

I was planning to set mine up today to dry but alas a vase has fallen on my foot! All I did was open a cupboard and out it fell. To make things worse, the cat saw me with my foot up and thought I was playing games so attacked it! Just a typical day in the Garland family lol.

I got mine  rolled up dry but dirty  just as it started to rain after  just shoving wet and muddy  into  bin liners at the campsite...

During the next settled spell it will need to be taken out  the inner and outer washed with clean water and allowed to dry - I'll probaly pitch it  for  it to dry off before packign it away....

Peter...

Mine went away pretty dry, it can wait till the weekend luckily....

Just the groundsheet to worry about - and cleaning the dirty footprints off the new tent carpet ..... :confused5:

Mine went away pretty dry, it can wait till the weekend luckily....

Just the groundsheet to worry about - and cleaning the dirty footprints off the new tent carpet ..... :confused5:

Father Chrimbo bringing you new camera lol 

Currently the tent is in the garage.. it's been warmish but not stunning here.. so weekend weather pending.

I guess the same goes for anyone with caravans who had awnings up, or in my case an aptly named sun canopy. I dried it out in the spare room but it's a bit muddy so I'll probably give it a brush down at the weekend.

Mind you I've got to unfold the caravan to air it out, should be fun!!

Guess who's going for a swim next year. You shouldn't have added  'ALL'  in in there Jon, what have I taught you about being defensive.

Don't forget to bring your knitted swimming trunks.  :fish:

YES DRY OUT YOUR TENTS, sorry to shout but when I was younger and more innocent I put my large family tent away wet not knowing any better, next time I got it out a year later it was mouldy and full of holes.

Dave

I guess I'm lucky and set up the camper last night (as weather today was a mix of rain sun and wind) inside the massive garage next to me had a nice part for it! Was a pain as the canvas sides had contracted but managed to pull them tight over the ends and left a fan heater on in there over night. I have now bought a dehumidifier so that will be the best job every few months I think as sadly the camper lives outside. I do need to either get a new tarp or adapt the old one as it is a little too big. Trust me to measure it 2 metres too big hmmmm. Fingers crossed every one will get it all sorted soon:).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

Didn't attend this event, yet the only way we we able to dry our tent after Kielder was to hang it over the banister for a couple of days. The footprint ground sheet was cleaned on the wooden floor of our back room.

Archived