SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Seagull nebula in narrowband

Martin-Devon

About 60% down and 75% to the right of the image there is a bit that looks similar to gravitational lensing, the way the gas seems to be back lit in an arc from the point of light behind? Maybe that star obscures a large galaxy behind it? (purely conjecture, just curious, is such a detailed image)

Does look similar doesn't it, but I don't think this is lensing.  This is a narrowband image mapping [OIII] to blue so it might be a shock wave of oxygen gas...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've looked at that again, so I'm going to post again. Just wonderful, amazing. Reminds me of the encylopaedic photos I saw as a very young boy that hooked me and stayed with me forever. Just brilliant.

Barry

Wonderful and beautiful :)  Well done Martin :)  Now we are getting the occasional night with a few hours of clear sky I'm thinking of getting back into DSO imaging after losing count of how many months the weather has been the pits!  It's been so long that I'm going to have a job remembering what to do!

Wonderful and beautiful :)  Well done Martin :)  Now we are getting the occasional night with a few hours of clear sky I'm thinking of getting back into DSO imaging after losing count of how many months the weather has been the pits!  It's been so long that I'm going to have a job remembering what to do!

Feel exactly the same way Gina!

Archived