SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Seagull nebula in narrowband

Martin-Devon

Taken over nights of 18th February and 4th March - was hoping to add more data, but the weather had other ideas, so I've drawn a line under this one for now. Data comprises of 12 x 10 minute subs each for H-alpha, OIII and SII, processed as SHO = RGB in Hubble palette.

Thanks for looking,

Martin

13692526825_fab2febb7c_k.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a quality image :-)  Lots of interesting things to see in there... I like the colour balance too - not flourescent like many using the Hubble palette. I can imagine how much work went into processing that.

ChrisH

Wow Martin.

Your images are often something special but this looks on another level - absolutely cracking stuff.  Really vibrant and dynamic but at the same time subtle.  Looks more like a phoenix than a seagull but an absolute stunner nonetheless.

Wonderful stuff and given the weather even more kudos.  Low bow to you sir!

About 60% down and 75% to the right of the image there is a bit that looks similar to gravitational lensing, the way the gas seems to be back lit in an arc from the point of light behind? Maybe that star obscures a large galaxy behind it? (purely conjecture, just curious, is such a detailed image)

Archived