Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My thanks to you all....

daz

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another huge thanks to Daz for his organizational skills, and to his 'support crew' ( Mrs Daz, Grant, et al. ). Although the weather didn't play ball. we had a great time catching up with old friends ( you know who you are ) and meeting new ones. Will have to bring a larger selection of different malts for next year and see who can make the trip along the 'top shelf'.

I would also like to add a thank you to the staff at Lucksall. They keep the site in great condition and their friendly attitude makes it stand out against others I have used ( and could mention, but won't ). Some have said that there are better sites for dark skies, but Lucksall is such a good site even when the skies aren't clear, and is so accessible that it's ideal for this event.

If anyone wears a T-shirt at SGL X with the logo "It's gonna clear in half an hour", can we have permission to shoot them please :grin: :grin: :evil: ?? I have to say that I quite enjoyed the 'Highland Spring Water', but my vision was somewhat impaired the next morning. Where else could you have a conversation that brings together 18" dobs, bricklaying and 'Lady Cake'???

See you all next year, with luck. Looking forward to SGL X even though we're not fans of the Wookie onesie :shocked: :shocked: :Envy::grin: .

Alan

Guess what I'll be wearing next year lol

I'd like to thank the organisers for the fantastic event. I took everything home on the second night but it didn't matter to me as it was a cracking weekend any way:) and Indy enjoyed him self too even if there was that pesky duck that kept winding him up! Haha. I'd like to thank tich for being a cracking neighbour too! And Lenny who only came up for the day but lent me his hammer and punch tool after the old Starcraft starflyer camper decided to be a pain and get stuck on the winding mechanism so Appoligies for me being stinking with mud the first day lol. Also iv got "it's going to be clear in half an hour" stuck when I look up now!! Ironically I'm in bed and it's crystal clear outside but recovering after my interview today lol knackard:(. I'm glad you got the breaks working luke I really felt guilty leaving you there next time if you need anything just give me a shout I will be more prepared if the camper decides to play up again!

Thanks again guys and I look forward to SGL x!! I have here'd a rumour it might be a good un! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

Had a great time, even though im still waiting for it to clear in the next 30mins !

Luckily we had some great laughs to pass the time under cloudy skies with kerry, daz, steve , titch etc..... and thanks to kerry for being such good neighbour even though I let him sleep through the hog roast !

cheers,

Hello All.

A Big Thanks to Daz and his Team for  organising such another great event.

Even with the poor seeing conditions it was great fun yet again. I had lots of chats with the folk there and I have gained lots of information from them to which I really do appreciate.

I really do find that you guys are really friendly and I hope to managed to put up with me okay! 

By the way It was fantastic looking through all your telescopes and solar viewing equipment.

Will certainly be back again for SGL10 as long as my close neighbours on the site this year will allow it, you all know who you are!

Kindest regards,  Hadyn - Isle of Man

A big thank you to everyone involved in organising yet another great SGL star party. Shame about the weather, but we had a great holiday. It was lovely to catch up with old friends and to meet new friends too.

Sarah

Had a fantastic time at SGL9. Many many thanks to Daz and the organising team. Great venue and looking forward to coming again. Hopefully weather will be kinder next time. Thanks again.

P.S Hello Ron

Hi everyone!

Just writing to say thank you for a fantastic time at my first star party. Wasn't sure what to expect, haven't camped for ages and I am so new at astronomy that I didn't even know what most of the names of things were. But I had brilliant help, advice and encouragement from all you guys.

I really enjoyed myself, even though I didn't get to see much. Although Mars and Jupiter were well worth the trip, if nothing else.

You all made me feel welcome and your enthusiasm for astronomy has definitely given me the bug for getting my own proper telescope.

Found out that this is sometimes what you have to do when stargazing ........

Look quizzically at your screen, hoping for the weather report to say it will be clear.

My first try at photographing the moon. Not too bad for a novice, I hope?

Any hints or tips about astronomy would be much appreciated!!

Hi CharM and welcome to SGL. I'm glad you enjoyed the starparty at Hereford and it will be the first of many.

The best tip I can give you is the one you have already taken....you have join SGL.

There is a whealth of knowledge here, and if you can't find your answers I'm sure many will chime in and help. :hello2:

Hi everyone!

Just writing to say thank you for a fantastic time at my first star party. Wasn't sure what to expect, haven't camped for ages and I am so new at astronomy that I didn't even know what most of the names of things were. But I had brilliant help, advice and encouragement from all you guys.

I really enjoyed myself, even though I didn't get to see much. Although Mars and Jupiter were well worth the trip, if nothing else.

You all made me feel welcome and your enthusiasm for astronomy has definitely given me the bug for getting my own proper telescope.

Found out that this is sometimes what you have to do when stargazing ........

attachicon.gifIMG_3355.jpg

Look quizzically at your screen, hoping for the weather report to say it will be clear.

My first try at photographing the moon. Not too bad for a novice, I hope?

attachicon.gifIMG_3374.jpg

Any hints or tips about astronomy would be much appreciated!!

Glad you enjoyed it Charlotte  :grin:

Archived