Narrowband

newbie wondering??

Having seen some of the imaging you guys get i would love to have a go at it

but im not sure how to go about it or whether its poss with the equipment i have??

i have a meade etx 105 and a few cameras 2x SLRs and a digital sony cyber-shot 3.2mp.

is it possible with what i got or will i need adapters or such like???

thanks

Jed

Hi Jed,

If you were going to use the SLR's then all you would need is a T adapter (www.modernastronomy.com sells them), you remove the eyepeice and the camera lense and the T ring connects the two - using the telescope as the camera lens.

With the Digicam (I'm not overly familiar with your model) but you can either hold it to the EP with your hand - you'll be suprised at the results you can get with that. Or you can buy one of these...

http://www.scsastro.co.uk/it220003.htm

This will enable you to line up (almost) any camera to (almost) any eyepeice for £32 - this is how I started taking pictures...

A lot will depend on the spec of the camera you have, does it have manual focus, does it have manual exposure... etc etc

Ant

Archived